Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boise's Whitewater Park

I went running with my dog Hank after work last night along the Boise River Greenbelt.  We stopped at a beach along the Boise River and he played fetch with a stick he had found.  This is the same area that I go fly-fishing after work in the summer.  We are so lucky living in Boise with the proximity to wildlife and the outdoors.

As I ran next to the proposed Esther Simplot park, I saw excavation equipment moving dirt & beginning inital grading for the new park.  It looks as if construction on the new park is finally underway!!  It got me thinking about the plans for the new Whitewater Park along this stretch of river and what a benefit it will be to our community.  It will be a great venue for slalom kayak competitions, a whitewater practice course, and will bring more interest and vitality to this area of our City.  Best of all, it is within walking distance from my house :)  What a great way to spend a hot summer day!...Kayak surfing in the cool, clear water, just out my back door.  Idaho really is an amazing place to live.

Whitewater Park

Click on the links below to see more on the proposed Whitewater Park and the new Esther Simplot park.

http://www.boiseriverpark.com/

Boise's Whitewater Park